The selection of technological services for satellite connectivity provides coverage of a wide range of infrastructure needs of agencies and international organizations in wide areas of Europe, Africa and Asia.
The satellite network makes available:
• Access to broadband internet,
• The virtual private network (VPN)
• Voice over IP (VoIP),
• The mobile satellite communication system
• The TV / Broadcast
• The multicast IP transmission
• The distribution of contents: point-to-point, point-to-multipoint and SCPC.
Furthermore, beyond the permanent connection to the Internet, there are many applications of satellite broadband, such as:
• the realization of IP streaming services (audio / video)
• the connection of temporary stations for sensory detection aimed at controlling the territory;
• backup services in the event of failure on the terrestrial network
• fast connections in case of emergencies.
On the basis of the service needs and data for territorial location of network nodes to be connected, Openet designs and offers the adequate technological Mix – satellite, terrestrial equipment, connectivity – organizing the phases of installation, managing the remote control terminals, ae well as the technical support support to local operators
The satellite coverage, extended to entire continental areas, is guaranteed by agreements with major players in the world (SES, Eutelsat), that operate their own geostationary telecommunications satellites fleet through transponders operating in C-band, Ku and Ka.
Operating on different frequency bands allows the use of devices consist of antennas with diameters ranging from less than 1 m (Ku, Ka) up to 2.4 meters (VSAT C-band).
The devices, light and easy to install, can reach hard to reach areas, such as for example, the mountainous terrain and with low population density, factors that often make uneconomical the expansion of terrestrial communication lines.
The connections are supported by TCP acceleration, 3DES criptographic encoding, QoS priority, and high-speed transmission that achieves bit rate of 18 Mbps in download and 4.2 Mbps in upload.